The Buster News
The Buster News is a bi-monthly publication produced by Fleabusters®. Our goal is to present readers with helpful information about caring for a pet. We have selected some of our favorite articles from past issues of The Buster News for your review. We hope you find the articles useful and informative.
- Meet... Helen T. Power, DVM
- The Benefits of Preventative Veterinary Care by Dr. Cruz, DVM
- Pick the Right Pet for Your Child
- Correcting Misbehavior in Cats
- Pet Care Tips
- In the Spotlight: Presidential Pets
- Traveling with Pets: Making it Easy
- Room Service for Fido
- Hot Weather Tips for Your Pets
- 8 Ways to Show Your Dog You Care
- Welcoming A New Dog to Your Home
- Good Games and Bad Games
- Guide Dogs Provide Independence Mobility and Love
- Q. What sweet treat is dangerous to dogs?
A. Never feed chocolate to your dog. It contains theobromine, a substance that is highly toxic to dogs. Chocolate also has rather high levels of caffeine. The combination of the two stimulants can be very serious for your pet. Just four ounces of chocolate will cause illness in an average-size dog. If you see your dog wolf down some chocolate, immediately take him to the vet. There are no antidotes, but quick treatment (inducing vomiting) may help.